We can all admit that no matter how well in advance you get to the airport that TSA is what can make or break when you show up to the gate, but thanks to a group of TSA officers here is how you can get through everything faster!
These are some personal tricks and tips from TSA officers to help you get through security in less time.
- Use your full name on tickets - Make sure the name on your ID matches the one on your boarding pass. Tickets aren’t the time for using nicknames.
- Enroll in TSA PreCheck, Clear, and other programs - Joining TSA PreCheck, Global Entry, or Clear will speed things up for you in line. Even grouping PreCheck with Clear will make things even faster!
- Dress for success and pack smart - Keep your layers minimal, take off the extra coat, as well as your belt and wear slip-on shoes to make it easier to get them on and off. And don’t forget the socks!
- Prepare your belongings while waiting in line - While you’re stuck in line, start cleaning out your pockets and putting stuff in your carry-on. This goes for anything metallic, keys, coins, earbuds and sunglasses.
- Stash Your Phone Away - Stick your phone in your carry-on bag and not in a bin, unless you want all those shoes touching your phone that touches your face and hands
- Don’t toss small items on the X-ray belt - Things like your keys, phone, boarding passes and anything else that could fall in between the conveyor belt rollers should go in your bag, a bowl or a bin.
Do you have any pro tips with TSA? Feel free to share them in the comments below!