Do you have a surefire way to get a guest to leave your house without hurting your feelings? Turns out we can all improve on our polite ways to do so, which is why a panel of experts came up with the best polite ways to get someone to leave!
According to these experts, there are good and bad ways to encourage your guest to leave that could damage your relationship if you handle the situation wrong. Here are some of our favorite ways to make a guest leave. Also be on the lookout for if someone is doing this with you:
- Mention that it's getting late and "wrap-up" the hangout.
- Have a distinction between your main meal and dessert to make your guest know the time is close to ending
- Empathetically yawn to make it look like you're tired.
- Suggest you move to a different location to leave your home
- Clear plates in the sink
- Glance at your watch
- Talk about your plans for next time
- Tell them you need to get up early for something (ex. walk the dog)
Hopefully these help you out, but to see more you can go HERE!