A dentist is warning that you might want to rethink using mouthwash! Dr. Kami Hoss, explained that there are millions of microbes in your mouth that can help regulate your health. It's our oral biome and it contains good and bad bacteria. Mouthwash products that contains alcohol can kill BOTH good and bad bacteria and leaves behind only the "baddest, toughest, roughest little microbes around." And those bad bacteria are ready to, quote, "to recolonize the entire mouth" because the good bacteria that hold them off aren't there to stop it.
Dr. Kami Hoss recommend:
- Brushing your teeth before breakfast because you can damage your enamel if you brush right after eating.
- Use an alkaline mouthwash to restore the pH of the mouth. It can clean areas your brush can’t reach.
- Floss to remove plaque between your teeth.
- Brush with a “safe and effective toothpaste with a soft-bristle brush.
- And do it all again in the evening before bed.
Source: The Sun