Scammers are EVERYWHERE and they are getting more crafty. including hitting up dating app --Hello Tinder Swindler & Bad Vegan.
Experts are sharing the red flags to look out for:
- Their story is full of inconsistencies
- They seem too good to be true
- They refuse to video chat or meet up in real life
- They have no digital footprint
- They ask a lot of questions regarding your finances
- They can be evasive about their own life.
- They ask you for money.
What to do if you match with someone who seems suspicious:
- Don't call them our for being a fraud- this could lead to harassment.
- Cut off communications immediately.
- Report them to the dating site.
- Block them on any social media sites so they can't reach you