Have you dreamt about an ex months or years after the relationship ended? Turns out it might mean a little bit more than you missing them according to experts!
According to Dr. Jenn Mann, dreaming about your ex is pretty common and that it might mean something different based on how your relationship ended. Here are some of the reasons why you might be thinking about your ex in your dreams:
- You’re mourning the loss of the relationship - You have to grieve the loss of the relationship and that person in your life and if you don’t do it when you’re awake, it may get worked out while you’re asleep.
- You’re merging the lessons learned from your past relationship into your new one - Dreaming about someone you once loved could be a way of helping you take those lessons from your previous relationship into your new one.
- Your ex represents something else significant - People, places and things are often symbolic in dreams, so your ex could be representing something else you need to deal with.
- You need closure - You could be dreaming about your ex because you’re not at peace with how things ended.
- Your current relationship isn’t meeting all your needs - Even if you’re happy, there could be things you’re not getting from your current partner or things you wish were different with the relationship. The dream could be highlighting those so you can talk about them with your partner.
- You’re just not over your ex - The least likely scenario, but it happens, especially when people idealize a relationship after it ends.
Hopefully this helps you understand your dreams and if your ex is doing something random in your dreams then you might want to go HERE to learn more about what it means!