We've got to get smarter with managing finances because our bad choices are hurting us more than not. But where to start? “Boston Global” has a list:
- Having No Clue How Much You Spend- How we fix something if we have nothing to gauge it with?
- Not Using Debt to Your Advantage- Save while you pay off your debt. It’ll increase your credit score AND give you that emergency fund you’ll need later.
- Spending or Borrowing Just Because You Can- You've got one time to stop making loan payments if you go the forbearance route. Using that may X you out other forgiveness programs down the road. Choose wisely.
- Not Planning Ahead...Way Ahead- Host of, "Even Bad with Money"Gaby Dunnsays, “You might not have a lot, but everyone has assets."
- Going Along With What Your Friends Do- What works for us won't necessarily work for our friends.
- Letting Love Rule Your Wallet- Hopefully you're with a partner that isn't gold digging.
- Refusing to Ask for Help- You don't know the answers to EVERYTHING.