Sometimes that 9-to-5 money you're getting just isn't enough to pay those bills…and still live a life. If that's the case, you should consider getting a side hustle.
You can't just jump into it, here's a few things you need to consider first:
- Come up with an estimated amount you'd like to make- Keep a goal in mind, so you know where you're headed.
- Factor in your time- Eight-hours of your day is already out the window. Make use of the rest and know your worth.
- Think about what the job will require- You've got resources so make use of them. If you've got to buy stuff, make sure you can earn those costs back.
- Consider your skillset- Tap into the skills you already have and apply them.
- Tap into resources- Use websites like SideHustleNationto find side gigs
- Make yourself invaluable- The more you learn, the more valuable you become.
- Keep track of your payments and expenses– You might need an accountant to help (but also…look into something like Quickbooks, or a good app)
- Be purposeful with your new income- Spend it on things like student loan debt, something that will actually help you in the long run.
- Set a timeframe to reassess- Evaluate everything after six-months, so you see what needs some altering. Hustle on!