Belgium's king, Burger King in spat over web ad
Belgium's royal family has an issue with Burger King over a marketing campaign a spokesman said is disrespectful. Burger King is set to open its first location in Belgium next month launched a website in Belgium to promote the opening. It prompts users to pick one: Belgian King Philippe, or the company's mascot. If the user picks Philippe, the ad asks "Are you sure? He won't be the one to cook your fries." If they pick him again, it just says "no." Oops.
Click HERE for more on this story.
Women Need To Talk Less In Relationships
Apparently there is a secret to woman having a successful relationship that we are missing...
Talk less. Research reveals that while women release the bonding hormone oxytocin through talk, men need physical stimulus to feel connected. A woman should touch her man a lot a few hours before tackling big relationship issues. And don’t hold back. Men need two to three times more touch than women do to feel bonded. Even if it’s not sexual, stroke him on the arm or brush him as you walk by. Interesting...
Health benefit of fidget spinners not backed by science, experts say
It looks like those fidget spinners are just toys after all. Apparently there have been no studies showing that fidget spinners benefit kids struggling to stay still, said Chicago psychiatrist. Dr. Louis Kraus. Small-scale studies that show kids with ADHD pay better attention if they are allowed to fidget.
Click HERE for more on this story.
*LIST* Germiest Kids’ Hang Outs
- The pediatrician’s waiting room - Even when your little one is hacking and feverish, they still want to touch every truck, puzzle piece, and toy in the waiting room, and maybe even put them in their mouths. And all other kids do too, so they’re probably being exposed to some nasty germs.
- Ball pits - These are known for being dirtier than a toilet seat, so remember that next time your kid jumps in face first. And don’t forget the toddler in there with the leaky diaper who just got out. The thing is, how would you even disinfect a ball pit? It’s not easy, so it’s not done often.
- Your sink - Get this: the kitchen sink has 1,000 times more illness-causing microbes than a toilet bowl. Let that one sink in for a minute...
- Classrooms - This is the germiest place in the whole school, especially the water fountain spigot. Next time you want to do something nice for your kid’s class, buy them some more Clorox wipes!
- Car seats - Once again that phrase “dirtier than a toilet” comes up. Researchers at the University of Birmingham found “an average of 100 dangerous bacteria per square centimeter of car seat,” which is more than double what they found on toilets. So gross!
- Your floor - If you don’t already have a no shoes inside policy, consider this: A few of the toxins typically found on the bottom of our shoes include pesticides, fecal bacteria, and gasoline. And a baby crawling on the floor might put her hand in her mouth as many as 80 times an hour. That shoes basket by the door sounds pretty good now, right?
These Are the Worst Sunscreens for Kids, Claims Environmental Working Group
With summer coming up this is good to know.
Each year, the Environmental Working Group (EWG) takes a critical look at some of the biggest sunscreen brands on the market and calls out the best and the worst as part of its annual sunscreen guide. This summer's report is making headlines by claiming that 73% of the sunscreens they tested didn't work as well as advertised and/or contain "worrisome" ingredients.
Their top offenders in the kids' sunscreen bucket were:
Banana Boat Kids Continuous Spray Sunscreen, SPF 100Banana Boat Kids Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 100Coppertone Foaming Lotion Sunscreen Kids Wacky Foam, SPF 70Coppertone Sunscreen Continuous Spray Kids, SPF 70Coppertone Sunscreen Lotion Kids, SPF 70Coppertone Sunscreen Lotion Water Babies, SPF 70+Coppertone Sunscreen Stick Kids, SPF 55Coppertone Sunscreen Stick Water Babies, SPF 55Coppertone Sunscreen Water Babies Foaming Lotion, SPF 70CVS Health Children's Sunstick Sunscreen, SPF 55Equate Baby Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 70Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunscreen, SPF 60+Neutrogena Wet Skin Kids Sunscreen Spray, SPF 70+Up & Up Kids Sunscreen Sticks, SPF 55