Have you ever wondered if you can actually eat something past its expiration date? We got you covered with some of the foods that are safe to eat even past their written expiration date!
Here are some of the foods that are still good to eat even if it's a few days past their expiration date; however, just know your mileage may vary so make sure to check these foods first before eating them:
- Eggs – Safe to eat a few days after their expiration date, but smell them before cooking.
- Bread – If stored in the fridge, it can last two weeks past its expiration date.
- White rice – Safe to eat if stored properly.
- Dry pasta – Under the right storage conditions can last up to 24 months after the expiration date.
- Canned foods – Can be consumed 24 months after the best-before date.
- Sauce bottles
- Flour and sugar
- Vinegar and soy sauce
- Peanut butter