Music can be a powerful thing whether it helps you get through a break-up, dance the night away, or just be in a good mood and apparently there are several factors to determine if a song will make you "happy" or not.
According to a group of music psychologists, a happy song takes a "combination of a major key, 7th chords, 137 beats per minute, strong beat, four beats in every bar, and a verse-chorus, verse-chorus structure.”
The song should also have a "short intro, repeated riffs, high volume, bright tone and a mix of predictability and surprise” according to the group and here are their top songs that they say make people happiest:
- “Good Vibrations” by The Beach Boys
- “I Got You (I Feel Good)” by James Brown
- “House of Fun” by Madness
- “Get the Party Started” by Pink
- “Uptown Girl” by Billy Joel
- “Sun Is Shining” by Bob Marley
- “I Get Around” by The Beach Boys
- “YMCA” by Village People
- “Waterloo” by ABBA
- “September” by Earth, Wind & Fire
What is your go-to happy song? Did it make their list? Share it in the comments so we can make the ULTIMATE mood-boosting playlist!