A lot of couples before they get married usually do some form of pre-marital counseling just to manage any expectations or questions either person in the relationship may have, but why pay someone when you can do your own mini-session right on your couch!
A licensed psychologist revealed 12 questions you can ask your partner before you get married to not only set boundaries, but to also understand each others' core values before fully-committing for potentially life.
Here are the questions that therapists and relationship experts boy say are a must before walking down the aisle:
- What helps you relax?
- What makes you feel loved?
- What is our financial situation?
- What have you experienced that was really traumatic in your life?
- Where do you draw the line between secrecy and privacy?
- How do like to deal with conflict?
- What role should extended family play in a relationship?
- What are our deal breakers?
- How are we going to stay connected while maintaining our independence?
- How will we divide domestic labor?
- What's something about me that concerns you?
- What is our shared vision?
Don't worry we won't charge you for a free couples therapy session!