It's an MCU sequel we've all been waiting for since seeing the first one, but Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is FINALLY in theaters and it does a tremendous job of honoring and living up to the legacy of the late Chadwick Boseman!
The entire cast does a fantastic job of conveying what it means to lose a loved one, a leader, and a friend and managing grief in your own way and the sequel truly felt like all the characters we've come to know from Wakanda from the past few years have grown up
The film is a on the longer side by clocking in at almost three hours, but besides one small storyline, every plot point and action sequence are integral to the film and the journey we go on with Director Ryan Coogler.
Here are some of my initial, SPOILER-FREE, thoughts on the film and what stood out to me just in case you need more (or less) incentive to watch it:
- Tenoch Huerta was a stand-out during the entire film and might rank among one of the best antagonists in the MCU! I'm excited to see what's next for him.
- Riri Williams (Dominique Thorne) is a welcome addition to the cast and while her story is similar to America Chavez's introduction to the MCU, I felt like she played a pivotal friend/younger sibling role for Shuri.
- Angela Bassett commands the screen every time she's in a scene as Queen Ramonda and Danai Guirira is a close second as Okoye in this film.
- We do make a trip back to the Ancestral Plane and it might have been one of my hypest moments from the film (it's why you have to listen to the podcast!)
- There is ONE end-credit scene that has me excited for the future of Wakanda and the MCU at-large!
Watch my full review for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever below:
I'm giving Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 8.5 out of 10 Kimoyo Beads because it does a great job of not only honoring the legacy of the late Chadwick Boseman, but also does a great job of cementing Ryan Coogler as one of the best creators in the MCU to date. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is in theaters starting on November 11th!