While Halloween candy is usually reserved for the kids, it can also be your go-to snack if you are kid-free during October, which is why knowing which candy pairs well with wine can be a big win for your Halloweekend!
Whether you prefer fruity candy or chocolate, there is a wine pairing for everyone and you can't go wrong with any of them! Here are some of our favorite wine pairings we've seen online:
- Regular/Sour Skittles and muscat - Skittles have a tangy acidic flavor, which pairs well with an off-dry, high acidity muscat.
- Kit Kats and tawny port - Kit Kat’s are very sweet, which is why a high alcohol content wine will complement it.
- Snickers and a ruby port - Ruby port is high in alcohol, making it great for the sweetness of the Snickers.
- Reese’s peanut butter cups and sherry - A sherry will enhance the peanut butter’s flavor and also balance the sweetness of them.
- Butterfingers and tawny ports - Butterfingers are more crunchy and less creamy, so a tawny port will make the toffee and caramel notes even more tasteful.
- Starbursts and Riesling - Riesling has a lower alcohol, high acidity, and won’t interfere with the fruity flavors of Starbursts.
- Candy corn and prosecco - Love it or hate it, candy corn is very sweet, but the prosecco can help cleanse the sugar coating from your mouth.
- Gummy bears and chardonnay - A chardonnay will counteract the sugary gumminess of the bears.