I got to see The Suicide Squad a few days early with Kevin, Erick, and Intern John thanks to WB Pictures and it might have been my favorite DC movie to date!
The Suicide Squad has a TON of people in the actual movie, but if you've seen any of the posters or trailers, you know that you shouldn't get too attached! The film does a great job of balancing itself between a comedy and action movie and the "James Gunn influence" is apparent throughout the entire thing.
Here are some of my initial, SPOILER-FREE, thoughts on the film and what stood out to me:
- There are a TON of blink-and-you'll-miss-it DC cameos so always have an eagle eye!
- The film starts right away with assuming you saw the other Suicide Squad film, which isn't really mentioned at all.
- Practically every character had a BIG moment that made you care about them more or made you laugh out loud.
- King Shark and Polka-Dot Man might have tied as my two favorite characters in the film
- This might have been Margot Robbie's best performance as Harley Quinn
- There IS an end-credits scene so stick around until the very end!
Watch my full review for The Suicide Squad below:
I'm giving The Suicide Squad 9.5 out of 10 Starros because I had a great time overall with the film and I'm excited to actually see more DCEU movies because of it or at least get this one a sequel! The Suicide Squad will be in theaters and stream on HBO Max starting on August 5th!
Photo Credit: WB Pictures