I got to see The Tomorrow War a few days early thanks to Amazon Studios and it was a really good time and surprisingly was an original movie not based on any other existing property!
The premise of the film is that a war thirty years in the future has gone so badly for humanity that they went back in time to 2021 to draft people to help them take back the war and Chris Pratt is one of those select few drafted in the film. The film does a good job of explaining what's going on, but gives you just enough to stay glued to your screen to find out what happens next.
Here are some of my initial, SPOILER-FREE, thoughts on the film and what stood out to me:
- This movie has a lot of well-timed jokes to break the tension, because there is A LOT of it!
- Sam Richardson, who you've definitely seen in other movies and shows is great in this! He needs to become a household name after this.
- The movie is a little long at a little over two hours, but it doesn't waste time.
- The sound is a little loud at times so make sure to have captions on if you can to hear what everyone is saying.
- I want there to be a sequel or spin-off with any of the characters because this could make a great franchise if Amazon wanted to expand upon it.
Watch my full review for The Tomorrow War below:
I'm giving The Tomorrow War 8 out of 10 "Whitespikes," which in this case is a good thing, but if you're looking for an original IP that not only involves time travel, but some great action then check out this movie! The Tomorrow War will exclusively stream on Prime Video starting on July 2nd!
Photo Credit: Amazon Studios