Nintendo revealed the entire cast for the upcoming movie during its recent Nintendo Direct presentation ad not only told us who is playing who, but that the movie will also release on December 21, 2022.
The movie will be produced by Illumination Entertainment, the studio behind Despicable Me, Minions, and The Secret Life of Pets and here is the initial cast, which in my opinion is STACKED:
- Chris Pratt as Mario
- Anna Taylor-Joy as Princess Peach
- Charlie Day as Luigi
- Jack Black as Bowser
- Keegan-Michael Key as Toad
- Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong
- Fred Armisen as Cranky Kong
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Kamek
- Sebastian Maniscalco as Spike
Charles Martinet, the voice actor who has played Mario, Luigi, and Waluigi, is also involved in the animated film as a nod to the character's history! Are you excited for a Mario movie? Does the cast get you more hyped?