I got to see Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker TWICE now and I have to say that it is everything I wanted in the final entry in the Skywalker Saga and in my opinion did a great job putting a bow on everything.
Not only were there surprises at every turn in the movie, but I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Just when you think there are things Star Wars would never talk about or show, they go ahead and do it in Rise of Skywalker!
Here are some of my initial, SPOILER-FREE, thoughts on the film and what stood out to me:
- BABU FRIK is adorable and he's this movie's porg!
- This isn't an MCU film so you can leave once the credits roll, but if you love the music then stay
- There is a little bit of treading over The Last Jedi, but I think it was for the better of the Saga as a whole
- Billy Dee Williams (Lando) looked like he was having fun in every scene he was in
- Poe and C-3PO are currently tied for being my favorite characters from Rise of Skywalker
Watch my full review for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker below:
I'm giving Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker 8.8 out of 10 lightsabers and if you don't agree with that it is totally okay! Just remember to respect everyone's opinions and at the end of the day we can ALL agree that seeing Star Wars in theaters is AMAZING! Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is in theaters starting on December 20th!
Photo Credit: Disney Pictures