Somehow I got to live out a Star Wars fan's dream and got to see Solo: A Star Wars Story almost two weeks early and I got to say it lives up and slightly passed my expectations!
I will admit that I am a Star Wars fanboy so there is some bias, but if you love Star Wars then you need to go see this film! It's an enjoyable time that I hope they continue in a sequel, which may be happening, and Ron Howard did a great job completing the film before it was sent to theaters!
Here are some of my initial, SPOILER-FREE, thoughts on the film and what stood out to me:
- Donald Glover was a highlight of the film, but we all expected that. He may be getting a Lando standalone film after this!
- It's completely different from Rogue One and is more of a standalone story in the Star Wars galaxy than fan-service.
- Alden Ehrenreich does a surprisingly great job of playing a young Han Solo and by the end of the film you are rooting for him.
- Phoebe Waller-Bridge's L3 (aka Lando's droid) might be even funnier than K-2SO in Rogue One
- There are tons of references and details that explain how Han Solo and other Star Wars characters came to be in the original trilogy
- There is NO end credits' scene, but it's Star Wars so you should expect that.
- There's a cameo that in my opinion might alter some of the Star Wars timeline, but I'm totally down for what it may lead to!
Watch my full review for Solo: A Star Wars Story below:
I somehow got to see #SoloAStarWarsStory a week early and as of right now my verdict is: GO SEE IT IF YOU LOVE STAR WARS!— Andrew "Hoody" Hood (@AndrewHoody) May 16, 2018
The cast is great, I can’t wait to see where it goes from here, and of course Donald Glover was AMAZING as Lando!! #60SecondsorLess #Solo pic.twitter.com/7CdWubDjao
I'm giving the film an 8 out of 10 Gold Dice, which you most likely now know has been a part of the Millennium Falcon since A New Hope! Solo: A Star Wars Story comes out on May 28!!