Avengers: Infinity War has been dominating headlines for the past few weeks everywhere. That domination has moved into the box office realm as it pulled in a whopping $257 million dollars this weekend breaking the previous record set by Star Wars: The Force Awakens at $247 million dollars in December 2015.
What does this mean? It means that the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) has proven that they are maybe the best movie franchise in the history of all cinema. Don't believe me? Below is a list of the top ten movie openings weekends of all time. The MCU has 6 of the top ten movies of all time:
- Avengers: Infinity War - $257,698,183
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens - $247,966,675
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi - $220,009,584
- Jurassic World - $208,806,270
- Marvel's The Avengers - $207,438,708
- Black Panther - $202,003,951
- Avengers: Age of Ultron - $191,271,109
- Captain America: Civil War - $179,139,142
- Beauty and the Beast (2017) - $174,750,616
- Iron Man 3 - $174,144,585
That's right! Six of the top ten opening weekends of all time are Marvel movies and nine of the top ten are Disney movies!! Clearly the people behind the scenes know how to make these movies an event. What more can be said?
The characters in this movies are characters we have grown to know and love over the past 10 years. From Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor to new comers like Dr. Strange and Black Panther these character relationships are what makes these movies epic and why Avengers: Infinity War does not fail expectations at all.
You will hear more from us when we review the movie on our show this Thursday. If you haven't seen the movie yet I would say you have about one more day before it is spoiled for you on social media or by word of mouth. So hurry out to the theater and see Avengers: Infinity War then join us this coming Thursday for our review!