Vincent A. Keane is currently President/CEO of Unity Health Care,Inc. (Unity), Washington, D.C. Unity, a Federally Qualified HealthCenter (FQHC) and a non-profit organization, provides primaryhealth care, psycho-social services and mental health care to themedically underserved in Washington, D.C. Beginning in 2006Unity began providing health care services to the inmates in the D.C. Department of Corrections(DOC) and continues to do so to date. Last year Unity served 106,000 individual patients, andgenerated over 514,000 patient visits.
As well as his executive responsibilities for Unity Health Care, Inc. Mr. Keane is activelyinvolved in the development of national health care policy as it addresses the needs of themedically underserved and poverty communities. He is regularly called upon to testify beforethe City Council of the District of Columbia.
Since 1969 when Mr. Keane came to the United States, he has been involved in the non-profitsector including work in the Catholic Diocese of Arlington providing social services and pastoralcare within several parish communities. From 1987 to 1990 he served as Director ofDevelopment for the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC). In 1990 hebecame Executive Director of Health Care for the Homeless Project (HCHP) Washington, D.C.,which later became Unity Health Care, Inc.
Mr. Keane serves on:
- The Board of Directors of the D.C. Primary Care Association
- The Governing Board of the National Health Care for the Homeless Council (NHCHC)
- The Legislative Committee of the National Association of Community Health Centers
- The Board of Directors of the Community Partnership for the Prevention of Homelessness
- Washington,D.C.The Board of Directors of Woodley House, Inc.
- Mr. Keane was awarded the John Gilbert Award in 2002 by the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC)
- In 2003 he was recognized for his leadership in health care in Washington, D.C. by the D.C.Hospital Association (DCHA), and was presented with the Haynes Rice Award.
- In September 2015, the National Association of Health Services Executives Washington Metropolitan Area Chapter (NAHSE-WMAC) recognized Mr. Keane for his contributions and advancement in healthcare in the communities we serve.
Mr. Keane was born in County Mayo, Ireland and was educated at All Hallows College Dublin where he received a Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy and a Masters of Divinity (M. Div.). He has resided in the United States since 1969, is married to Cheryl Keane and they have three (3)children, and live in Alexandria, VA.