Deputy Dies from Inhaling Nitrogen at Sperm Bank

A sergeant with the Augusta, GA sheriff's office was pronounced dead Sunday afternoon from inhaling toxic chemicals while trying to rescue a worker at a medical facility.

Authorities responded to a situation on Sunday afternoon at Xytex, a sperm bank cryopreservation facility, when he was overcome by liquid nitrogen. The coroner reports he may have inhaled the chemical.

The full toxicology report may take a few weeks. The worker being rescued was taken to the hospital along with three other deputies.

PHOTO: Getty Images

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content