We're officially halfway through summer and whether you're still trying to plan a late vacation or planning for next year then you might want to keep these travel tips in mind!
According to multiple travel experts, these are the best ways to save on your vacation whether or not it involves a flight or if you're staying at an Airbnb or hotel:
- Book during the winter - The best time to book cheap summer flights is winter or at least four to eight months ahead of time.
- Be flexible about dates and destinations - To give yourself a better chance at finding and snatching up those more affordable flights, it's important to be flexible to get better prices.
- Travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays - Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday are generally the cheapest travel days, while Friday and Sunday are usually the most expensive.
- Consider breaking up your itinerary - Do some investigating to see if it's cheaper to break up your trip into two separate itineraries like flying to one destination for cheaper and then traveling locally to where you actually want to stay.
- Try to take your trip in June or late August - There are periods during the summer when airfare tends to be more affordable. Early June or late August are quite a bit more likely to have cheap fares than July.
- Don't wait - If you want to take a summer vacation, book it now. Like, right now. Seriously, stop waiting. You may be hoping an amazing deal will fall into your lap, but at this point, that's not likely. Last-minute sales used to be common, but nowadays, airlines jack up the price in the final days before departure to get as much revenue as possible.
- Take a summer vacation during the Southern Hemisphere's summer - If you're just looking to travel in the best weather, consider booking Southern Hemisphere summer flights (January through March). It's one of the cheapest times of year to fly internationally, and weather is great in places like Argentina, Australia, and South Africa.
Hopefully these help you plan your next vacation!