Friendly reminder to sanitize your smart devices... Look, we don't like to think of all the bacteria and germs that are on things we touch daily, but thanks to a new study we now know just how gross these things around the house are.
In the study, swab tests were done on things around the house like: a smart thermostat, remote, control panel tablet, security camera and doorbell.
These were the results:
- The control panel had five times more germs than bacteria in a pet food bowl.
- The smart remote had 12 times more bacteria than a toothbrush holder.
- The doorbell had seven times more colony-forming units (CFUs) than a bathroom sink faucet handle.
- Even the camera had four times more bacteria than a toilet flush handle.
- But the worst of all was the smart thermostat. It was found to have the most bacteria of all items tested, with 32.5-million CFUs. That's three times more bacteria than the kitchen sink.