Every Valentine's Day brings the opportunity to really impress that special someone in your life, but for every GREAT gift, there's always a TON of bad gifts to get and it turns out being cheesy doesn't work anymore in 2023!
Now you're mileage may vary based on your relationship, but according to a recent survey heart-shaped jewelry is one of the worst gifts to give your special someone because it's cliche.
Here are some of the other bad gifts to get your partner according to that survey and what you should get instead:
- Heart-shaped jewelry - You’re better off sticking to simple pieces that will always be in style, like gold or silver hoop earrings.
- Generic flowers - Skip the grocery store and head to your local florist to create a personalized bouquet, or go with an orchid that comes in a pot and can last for years.
- Drugstore chocolates - Hit up a chocolate shop or bakery for delicious treats, or treat your Valentine to a cooking class, where the two of you can get creative in the kitchen together.
- Perfume - It’s much safer to buy a perfume they specifically ask for, but if you’re not sure, go with something that makes their home smell good, like a reed diffuser. They’re aesthetically pleasing and the scents can be changed, making them better than candles.
- A spa-day gift basket - Give a gift card to a day at the spa for a real treat. Everyone could use some pampering, like a massage or a facial, so getting that for Valentine’s Day is bound to bring a smile, instead of a look of disappointment.
You can read other Valentine's Day gift alternatives HERE!