Reddit user u/Aviliuss was curious about just that when they asked: "What are some workplace red flags that scream, 'Don’t work here'?"
And Reddit answered.
Here are some of the responses the post received:
- "Were like a family""Were like a family"
- "Be willing to work in a fast-paced environment"
- This is just code for "we will guilt you into doing things beyond your job, and we are poorly managed"
- “Work hard, play hard” = “You won’t have a life outside the office, but we’ll pump you full of booze!”
- Everyone you meet has been working there less than 2 years and it isn't a startup.
- If all of the other employees look sullen and depressed. If you walk into the office area and feel like you've walked into a funeral service. Nobody's smiling, nobody's laughing. Nobody looks remotely happy or content.
- "Everyone you've interviewed with has left by the time you start."
- If a larger company buys your company out but says "Nothing is changing but the name and address that your paycheck is coming from" But then everything changes.
What would be a red flag for you in a job interview?