Does it drive you absolutely bonkers to see that red notification showing 56,874 unread emails? Some people spend time zeroing out their emails (I've done it before and it takes for-ev-errrr), while others don't care at all.
A therapist weighed in on the reasons you are the way you are.
If you need to have 0 unread emails:
- You have social anxiety or are an introvert.
- You’re a perfectionist.
- You have an overwhelming urge to get things done.
- You’re addicted to your phone.
- You have obsessive-compulsive disorder.
If you don't care about the 56,874 unread emails:
- Your brain functions best this way.
- You don’t feel the same urgency.
- Addressing those notifications actually stresses you out.