With Halloween just days away now, it’s time to nail down those costumes. If you're in a relationship are you doing a couples costume? Laurel House, a relationship expert with eharmony, says going full out with a couples costume can actually make your relationship stronger.
She explains that couples can feel more connected by communicating their desires and inspirations behind their costumes. And it turns out, what you wear on Halloween says a lot about you and your S.O. These are some easy couples costumes that anyone can pull off and what they reveal about the couples who wear them.
- Barbie and Ken -Take inspo from the new “Barbie” movie starring Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling for this costume that House says is for the “perfect couple,” or at least the couple that presents themselves that way. She explains that those who dress up as Barbie and Ken “have fun with the persona of being hot” and playing that picture perfect role.
- Kate and Anthony Bridgerton - In season two of “Bridgerton,” we got to see the emotional intimacy and vulnerability of this couple. “They do it their way, without mincing words or hiding feelings,” the relationship expert says, adding that if you and your partner want to dress up as Kate and Anthony because you identify with their relationship, then your own is “powerful and real.”
- Ariel and Prince Eric - This couples costume is “proof that love at first sight exists,” according to House. She says that those who want to be The Little Mermaid and her prince for Halloween may be “individually different and come from incredibly different worlds,” but share a common goal of tradition when it comes to relationships.
- Sue Bird and Megan Rapinoe - Couples who go as WNBA star Bird and Olympic gold medalist soccer player Rapinoe exemplify strength, dedication and determination to be the best, House says, adding, “Together you are even more legendary.”
- Fighter pilots - If your love of “Top Gun” has you wanting to dress up as Maverick or Goose with your boo this Halloween, it’s a sign of your connection. “You are each other’s ‘ride or die,’” House explains.
Source: Hello Giggles