Dating is never easy no matter if it's in-person, on your phone, or online and according to a new report you might want to prepare for new dating trends in 2023!
Plenty of Fish just released their sixth annual list of the "Top Dating Trends" by polling over 8,000 U.S. members to discover the challenges singles are facing and found that these trends are currently on the rise, at least on their app:
- Main Character Energy – More than ever, singles are focusing on themselves and not bothering with people who don’t fit their standards.
- Eco-Dumping – Singles are concerned about the environment and say that disagreeing on environmental topics is a deal breaker.
- Heat Doming – 20% of singles say they had someone who wanted to date them strictly to access things like their heat, air conditioning, pool and more.
- Infla-Dating – People are going on cheaper dates to save money in the current economic environment. In fact, 48% of Millennials and Gen Z say they’ve suggested budget friendly dates for this reason.
- James-Webbing – Named after NASA’s new super space telescope, this trend has singles giving potential partners a closer look, with 54% saying they agreed to go on a date with someone after getting to know them better.
- OnlyPlans – Flakey dates are apparently becoming more common, with 52% of singles saying they’ve experienced someone who repeatedly plans dates but never actually follows through with them.
Have you had to deal with any of these? Fingers crossed these dating trends don't spread past 2023!