Turns out what you eat late at night can actually improve or impact your performance in the bedroom and you might want to stick away from certain foods according to a new report!
According to experts, eating the worst foods not only impact your heart, blood pressure, and your risk for diabetes, but also generally impact your sex life as well. Here were some of the foods they recommend you avoid late at night if you want to get your best "bedroom performance:"
- Processed foods and sugars - Chronic high blood sugar from eating low-fiber, highly processed foods like white bread, baked goods, chips, and sugar-sweetened beverages are the culprit behind many sexual health problems.
- Buffalo wings (and other deep-fried food) - Fried foods like buffalo wings and cheese-stuffed jalapeño poppers are delicious but high in saturated fats and trans fatty acids, which have been linked to coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, and are connected with sexual dysfunction.
- Beer and cocktails - Over-indulging in alcohol decreases sexual arousal and may make it more difficult to achieve a "finale in the bedroom."
- Microwaveable Popcorn - The oily coating on the inside of the microwavable popcorn bags is made of perfluorinated compounds (PFCs) which are hormone-disrupting chemicals that can lower testosterone levels.
- Fatty red meat - Eating too much saturated fat from red meat and dairy sources can cause your body to produce more low-density lipoprotein (LDL cholesterol), which can increase your chances of problems getting aroused.
- Deli meats - Processed deli meats are very high in salt and may contribute to high blood pressure and a lower libido.