Buzzfeed asked mental health professionals and relationship experts red flags that people should look out for the first 6 months of a relationship.
Here are some of the responses:
- "Deflecting responsibility for choices, both small and large— from where to eat to every challenge in past and current relationships."
- "Inability to regulate emotions."
- "Minor, very subtle attempts at control."
- "A grown person with no close friends."
- "If you are not able to verbalize your boundaries in a new relationship or they are crossed and not respected, that is a huge red flag."
- "One glowing hot red flag is when one or both partners do not feel safe or comfortable sharing hurts, needs, or wants in the relationship."