People are sharing some of the best things they’ve heard about marriage, after someone on Reddit posted the question, “What is the phrase you agree with most about marriage?” on Reddit.
- “To paraphrase, if you both care about the other’s happiness at least as much as your own, you’re golden.”
- “When you’re fighting, it’s not you against them. It’s both of you fighting together to fix the problem.”
- "Us versus the problem, & not you versus me. Whenever you are having conflict or an disagreement in your marriage, you’re always supposed to tackle the problem head on with your spouse and not be against your spouse, that was such a huge lesson for me."
- “Don't keep score, be quick to forgive and always try to work out problems when you're calm.”
- "Marriage isn't a 50/50 proposition. It takes both of you giving 100%."
- “Sometimes it's 90/10, sometimes 10/90. Gotta be there for your partner when they are at a 10 and trust that they'll put in the 90 for you when you are at your 10.”
- “Successful marriages are often made of two good forgivers.”
- “Never go to bed angry and also both people need to be happy. Don't do the whole Happy Wife, Happy Life crap.”
- “Marriage never dies - it's killed when you stop fighting.”
- “Love evolves and looks different over time. That's normal.”