Want more matches on your dating app? Psychologist Dr. Amantha Imber suggested some tweaks you can make to your profile that can lead to more matches.
- Include at least 3 photos in your profile: users that have 3 to 6 pics get 93% more matches. And show a variety of pictures that show you doing different things you enjoy.
- Be deliberate with the photos you choose: Your first picture should always be JUST YOU- nothing blocking your face (sunglasses), no filters or blur. If someone feels like the pictures are misleading they aren't going to swipe on you
- Say What you want, not what you don't: people with detailed bios get 32% more matches than those who don't have one. The best bios are short, snappy, funny & positive. Writing down all the things you don't want can be a major turn off. Instead, be upfront with what you are looking for.
- Use your profile to create conversation starters: approach your profile as if everything on it can be used as a conversation starter
- Use video Chat to filter potential dates: video chats are a great way to filter if you want to invest time in meeting someone in person.