Obviously getting enough sleep is very important, but here are some things that successful people do before bed that you can do to set yourself up for a successful day.
Here's the list from Business Insider:
- Read - this is the very last thing successful people do before bed. Many even block off time to read and it's a non-negotiable item on their to do list
- Unplug - the blue light from your phone can really mess with your circadian rhythm and can lead to poor sleep, among other ailments.
- Disconnect from work - research shows that if you associate bed with work it's harder to relax.
- Make a to-do list - clear your mind for sleep. Write down what you need to do the next day so it doesn't cloud your head.
- Spend time With family - It's important to make time for your family.
- Spend quality time with your partner - There's a study that says there's a correlation between sexual frequency & wealth
- Go for an evening walk
- Reflect on the good things from the day - write down 3 things you are appreciative of from the day
- Picture tomorrow's success
- Meditate - even just 10 minutes has a big impact!
- Plan out sleep - Make sure you get enough sleep each night
- Keep a hygiene routine - Keeping a routine can signal that it's time for bed
- Decompress - take a bath or find a way that helps you de-stress. it'll help you fall asleep quicker & sleep better
- Skip the wine - alcohol right before bed can have a negative impact on your quality of sleep
- Write down what they accomplished that day - even the small things. This practice can help you keep a positive mindset.
Source: Business Insider