It's wedding season!! Which means, get ready to open up your wallets.
A new Priceline survey finds:
- 79% of people plan to attend a wedding this year, while 61% will attend a wedding-related event.
- 57% of people will be attending more weddings or wedding-related events this year, particularly because they missed out on so many over the past two years.
- 60% are invited to more weddings and wedding related-events this year because of COVID postponements.
- Americans are spending over $2,700 attending an average wedding. Here's the break down on what they're spending money on:
- Engagement Party: $981
- Bachelorette/bachelor party: $969
- Bridal shower: $680
- Gift: $525
- 76% of guests saying they are surprised by the expenses that come with attending a wedding.
- 58% of people have skipped certain wedding-related events that required them to travel due to costs.
- 61% say that if they have to travel they will spend less on the gift.