The first official day of summer is June 21st and these are the trends that are expected to be big when it does.
- Dark weddings - White, cream and ivory have always been the go-to colors for wedding dresses, but these days more brides are opting for darker shades for their big day. Dark hues for everything from decor to accessories and even bridal gowns are growing in popularity and according to the Pinterest 2022 Wedding Trends Report, searches for “dark wedding ideas” have increased by 59 times over last year.
- Coastal grandmother fashions - It might not sound stylish, but the coastal grandmother aesthetic is having a moment. Lex Nicoleta, a TikToker credited with starting the trend, describes it as “Nancy Meyers chic,” "Diane Keaton in ‘Something’s Gotta Give,” and “Martha Stewart adjacent.” But what does that look like? Think loose fitting button downs, cozy neutral cashmere sweaters with relaxed chinos and comfy shoes.
- Copper hair - The hot hair color for summer 2022 is this blend of blonde and red. Celebs including Phoebe Dynevor and Zendaya have already sported this shade and it’s only a matter of time before women across the country are doing the same.
- LGBTQ+-centric rom coms - With all their meet-cutes and heart-tugging monologues, romantic comedies haven’t exactly been known for their representation of LGBTQ+ characters, but that’s changing this summer. Movies like “Bros,” which was written by and stars Billy Eichner, and “Fire Island,” which was also written and directed by LGBTQ+ creators, are already getting a lot of buzz.
- GOAT traveling - After a couple of years of being stuck at home, people are ready to take their Greatest Of All Trips getaways. According to Expedia, travelers are ready to spend on the vacations they’ve always wanted. A survey from the travel company finds that 68% of Americans are planning to travel more and to take those bucket list trips to destinations like Rome, Bali and Paris. And 40% say they’re more willing than ever to splurge on those travels.