There are some phrases you likely say that actually make you sound immature, without you even realizing it.
- Filler Words: Using words like “like,” “you know,” and the dreaded “um” too much can make you come off as incompetent.
- Business jargon: If you’re in the corporate world, you’ve definitely heard and used words like “synergy,” “low-hanging fruit,” and “core competency.” But using them too often can make you sound like you’re trying too hard.
- “Hedging Words:” Words like “kind of,” “sort of,” “I guess,” and “just” may make you feel more relatable, but they’re actually distracting.
- “No Worries” or “Not A Problem:” Just say thank you, these can come off as too casual.
- “It is what it is:” A statement like this means nothing. What is it?!
- Profanity: This goes without saying!
For the full list of phrases, click HERE!