There are some things still in use today that are outdated and have no purpose anymore. Someone on Reddit posted the question: “What has no reason to exist in 2022, but yet it does?"
Here are some of the responses:
- "An inkjet printer." “It's the fossil fuel industry of offices."
- “"Areas that have poor or no cell reception even though it 100% feels like it should. An example being a campsite just five minutes from a popular town."
- “Ticketmaster service fees — heck all online ticket brokering service fees."
- “Pennies.” "Apparently, getting rid of pennies is somehow 'communism,' even though it would save the government money.”
- "Pay phones. I still see them in my city."
- "Uploading your resume and then manually filling out all the same information on a separate page when applying for a job."
- “Automated scam calls about my car's warranty expiring."
- “Non-resealable cereal bags. C'mon now!"
- “Places that only accept cash and no form of electronic payment like Apple Pay or contactless.”
- “"The ability to still steal a vehicle. After all these years, we still can't come up with some kind of technology that makes it 100% impossible to steal a vehicle once and for all?”
- “Telephone books. One was recently delivered to my house and went directly into the recycle bin."
- “Home phones. Like, what do you even need them for?"
What would you add to the list??