The blog “You” rounded up the most commonly Googled relationship questions and asked relationship expert, Charlene Douglas, to answer each question.
Here are the Top 5 Questions & answers:
- Q: “When is a relationship over?”-- Asked by: 2,900 people a month
- A: When you have nothing left to give is when you should realize a relationship is over. Also, keep in mind the advice of your friends and family and when the negatives outweigh the positives.
- Q: “Is jealousy healthy in a relationship?”--Asked by: Over 1,600 people a month
- A: A mild level of jealousy can be healthy because it shows your partner values you, has an interest in you and doesn’t want to lose you.
- Q: “How does a relationship work?”--Asked by: 1,300 people a month
- A: It goes beyond love. A relationship requires commitment and clear, effective communication. Throw in honesty and humility and now you have a recipe for a successful relationship.
- Q: “Why does a relationship fail?”--Asked by: 1,300 people a month
- A: There are a number of reasons why but typically it has something to do with two people having different expectations for the relationship and being unwilling to compromise.
- Q: “Are relationship doubts normal?”--Asked by: 200 people a month
- A: Yepp! Totally normal. It’s actually recommended that you discuss these doubts with your partner before they become too overwhelming.