Are you getting ALL the benefits out of your coffee? Turns out drinking coffee every day could help you live a longer life according to dietitians and you know we're all about it when we need coffee to stay up at 5am in the morning!
According to experts, there are certain ways a cup of coffee can actually be beneficial to your life besides waking you up with caffeine early in the morning. Now this doesn't mean you need to get the biggest version of every coffee you drink, but doing these things might help you out later down the road with your coffee:
- Drink your coffee black - Normal black coffee is full of antioxidants that can help your body combat oxidative stress and support overall health.
- Cut back on the number of sweeteners you use - Too much sugar can cause weight gain as well as other health issues and is hard to keep track of when you order drinks at a coffee shop.
- Add protein to the coffee - Adding protein powder can help boost your intake of nutrients and you might not notice the flavor.
- Add mushroom powder to the coffee - It can add an interesting flavor and certain varieties can help support brain health when taken consistently.
- Avoid using disposable coffee cups - Certain disposable cups can contain micro-plastics that can get into your coffee, plus who doesn't want to save the planet!?