In honor of International Women's Day Day we wanted to promote our women listeners who own a business in the DMV!!
Whether it's an Etsy shop or other businesses like beauty care and even wedding consulting, here are some of the women-owned business you can support not just today but whenever you're in need:
- Esthetics By Vee - Licensed Esthetician/Educator offering fully body waxing and vagacials
- Hunzy – Organic luxury skincare line that offers body care products infused with honey and fragrances.
- Varnish Lane - A waterless nail salon owned by a mom and daughter that is opening its FOURTH location in Navy Yard this month!
Arts & Crafts
- Groovy Kreationz - Small art business that started in 2018 run by a 28-year-old fluid and resin artist.
- Bucci Beautiq - Full-time teacher that started selling handmade polymer clay earrings on Etsy.
- Epoxy Me Crazy - Custom woodworking, engraving, epoxy and furniture refinishing in Fredericksburg.
- Marie Grace Bowtique - Makes hair bows and earrings, from leather on Etsy
- Segovia Quilts – Veteran and woman-owned business that makes custom t-shirt quilts based in Tarpon Springs, FL.
- BeauBow – Art teacher in MCPS who has her own headwrap business for adults and kids.
- Knot Just Wood - Woman-owned business making custom cornhole boards, signs, leaners, and other woodworking
- Our Little Golden Egg - Woman-owned business specializing in farmhouse décor, wedding goods, and custom clothing
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- Bee Yoga Fusion – Boutique yoga studio in Greenbelt that provides yoga, Pilates, personal training, and more.
- Fusion Rehab and Wellness - Physical therapy business in Alexandria owned by a toddler mom.
- Learning and Therapy Center - All-woman business providing speech and occupational therapy services.
- Little Corner Academy - An early intervention therapy program that provides preschool therapy based for young children for speech.
- Two Extra Hands Home Healthcare - Mom and daughter owned business taking care of elderly people in their homes.
- Occoquan Optical – Woman-owned eyewear business in Prince William County that won “Best of Prince William” for the past THREE years.
- Metro Speech Therapy – Woman owned speech language and occupational therapy practice in Gaithersburg.
- Serenity Salt Spa – Owned by mother and daughter team in Forest Hill, MD offering affordable holistic wellness service to all ages.
- Malama Honua Healing, LLC - Acupuncture, yoga, and specializes in naturally treating anxiety, depression, back pain, and more!
- Row House Ashburn - Woman owned gym and physical fitness center and won Best Fitness Center in Best of Ashburn 2021
- Fully Promoted Towson – Creates promotional products like branded apparel and screen printing for clients based on their needs/demands.
- Steel City Branding - Offers marketing for brands including graphic design, social media, videography, and photography.
- Avid Core - Minority and Woman-owned government contractor in Prince William County.
- Blue Ridge Medical-Legal Consulting - Woman-owned legal nurse consultant that provides medical record review/analysis for attorneys.
- Erin Lyman Co. - Solopreneur who helps college-bound students with essay coaching, writing, and editing. Also author of “4 Simple Steps to Going Back to Work”
- TRUE Center – Woman owned and operated non-profit in DC that offers trauma-focused therapy
- The June Press - Wedding and family photography business in the “business of preserving your story” based in Alexandria.
CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES
- R64 Vintage – Woman owned business focused on 80s and 90s vintage clothing and hats.
- Love Mi Peachy – Veteran and woman owned and operated athletic wear company specializing in athletic wear for women of all shapes and sizes.
- Zoey's Boweys - Woman-run business for children's hair bows. Proceeds go to cancer research.
- Kamp Kimmy - Woman-operated dog walking service in Haymarket/Gainesville
- Puppy Luv - Woman owned business providing dog services like obedience training, board, walking, and grooming.
- Catonsville Cat Clinic - A veterinary practice devoted exclusively to feline health care since 199 led by Dr. Pam Nesbitt
FOOD & DRINK
- Love Boards - Charcuterie board business based in Frederick that started in 2021.
- Cheesecakes by Sherie – Woman-owned cheesecake business.
- Fiddlehead Chef - Woman-owned personal chef business in DC offering in-home services for meal prep and intimate gatherings.
- RAKO Coffee Roasters - Woman-owned coffee locations focused on sustainably sourced single origin coffees, environmentally friendly roasting practices, and advanced brewing methods.
- Bagel Buddies – Woman-owned bagel shop in Fairfax that makes everything in-house
- Salsas Don Sebastian – Woman-owned business selling salsas in Richmond, DC, and Charlottesville.
- Charles Village Pub & Patio- Woman owned and operated since 1989 Towson pub and rooftop bar!
- Tasty Creations of MD - female-owned business that specializes in homemade chocolate, fudge, and more based in Brooklyn Park, MD
- Superfoods Café & Organic Market - Organic vegetarian café in Mount Airy that specializes in Acai bowls and just started including a wine bar from local wineries.
- Salsa With Silvia - Woman owned and operated Latin dance studio in DC
- The Little Towns Children's Museum - Woman-owned children's museum in North Bethesda that promotes role-playing and creative exploration through pretend play.
- Colt Insulation - Woman-owned mechanical insulation and asbestos abatement company that's been in business for 53 years!
- Plant A Plant Landscape Company - woman-owned landscape company in Aldie, VA
- Cocozza Organizing + Design, LLC - Provides organizing and downsizing services in home and offices.
- reVISION Remodel + Design - Female general contractor specializing in interior home renovations and more!