According to a new survey, a toxic work environment is the top reason people say they are quitting their jobs during the pandemic. So if you're looking for a new job and want to avoid a toxic environment, here are the 6 red flags you should look for during an interview:
- The interviewer(s) bad-mouth the person who had the job preciously, or they bad-mouth the people you'll be working with
- The hiring manager doesn't want you to talk to anyone else on the team
- Interviewer(s) refuse to admit to any company's shortcomings.
- The way they talk about success is cutthroat.
- Recruiters are cagey about employment agreements you will need to sign when you start
- Everyone who works there seems like they are in a terrible mood.