We can all agree that Italian food is always a go-to with comfort food or easier meals to prepare at any time of the day, but a new survey of actual Italians says Americans have been eating Italian food wrong!
YouGov looked at 11 different ways Americans have been accused of abusing Italian food and somehow some people in the world are putting ketchup on their pasta and using it as pasta sauce.
Here are some of the other ways Italians say foreigners "abuse their food" so you might want to change up your eating habits if you ever go to Italy or date someone from an Italian family:
- Putting pasta in cold water and then boiling it
- Having pineapple on pizza
- Having pasta as a side dish
- Cutting long pasta with a knife
- Including cream in carborara sauce
- Having cheese on a pasta meal that contains seafood
- Rinsing or cooling off pasta under cold water
- Drinking a cappuccino after an Italian meal
- Not adding salt to boiling water for pasta
- Having garlic bread with a pasta meal
Which of the above "cooking sins" are you guilty of?