We all have a go-to drink when we go out to the bars, but there are certain drinks that bartenders DREAD making, especially when they get busy.
A Redditor asked "Bartenders of Reddit — what is the one drink you despise serving above all others?" and there were a LOT of answers.
The reasons bartenders gave for making certain drinks include: they just sucks to make, being too busy to make it, bu some are because of the people who order it.
Here are some of the most hated drinks & why:
- "Mojitos. Fantastic drink, and I love making them for myself and friends, but I'm too much of a perfectionist to have to make them en masse."
- "Where I work, we have a 'skinny rita' that calls for two fresh limes to be cut in half and then manually juiced into the mixer, as opposed to simply using sweet and sour. It's a great drink, but when I'm slammed with a full cocktail section and bar, it's the last thing I have time for."
- 'Give me the strongest drink you have!' Sorry, I don't have time to measure the alcohol % of the hundreds of drinks we serve...whiskey and tap water for you buddy."
- "Jäegerbombs. Not because of the drink — because of the people who drink them."
- "The, 'Umm... I want something fruity that's strong, but I don't want to be able to taste the alcohol.' OK, enjoy your Malibu and pineapple."
- "Anything blended. It's like an STD in a high school — one person gets one and then everybody else follows."
Bartenders, what drink do you hate making?