Not going to lie that our stomachs aren't what they used to be back in the day and that we have to be careful with what we have to eat or it's an upset stomach all night!
However, this doesn't have to be you thanks to a group of nutritionists who came up with a list of the top foods that cause people to have trouble sleeping at night.
Whether it's nightmares, stomach aches, or something coming out of you, you should avoid these foods right before bed:
- Pizza – cheesy toppings can lead to nightmares and the acid in the tomato sauce can cause a few trips to the bathroom or stomach aches
- Coffee – Should be a given, but don't consume any coffee within six hours of trying to sleep.
- Sugary Cereal – Sugar digests rapidly and the increase in blood sugar could mess with your sleep hormones; low-fiber foods are also linked to lighter sleep.
- Spicy Foods – Nobody wants heartburn during the night.
- Soda – Caffeine and sugar in non-diet sodas and carbonation adds to more sleep issues.
- Wine – A glass of two might make you sleepy, but alcohol disrupts natural sleep patterns
- Orange Juice – The acidity can worsen heartburn or a sensitive bladder
- Burgers – Heavy, fatty meals with too much saturated fat was linked to lighter sleep and more wakefulness in a recent study.
Now get out there and enjoy your late-night meals, but make sure to take care of yourself or end up like below!