It's a new year which means you hopefully have the energy and drive to get that money from your work!
While you're hopefully trying to get a bigger salary there are some other perks that you should try to negotiate with your boss when you both sit down. Here are some of the essentials:
- More vacation time: Instead of getting a bigger salary just ask for more paid vacation.
- Work from home days: If your job allows it, ask for days you can work from home and not have to deal with traffic.
- Commuter subsidies: If you use public transit ask if your work can start paying for those fees.
- Flexible schedules: Ask if you can start a little later or go home earlier in the day on some days.
- Health and wellness benefits: If you go to the gym or go to a therapist ask if you can get reimbursed for the wellness activities.
- Work devices: Ask if you can have a designated work computer, phone, or other device so you have an escape from work.
- Professional development: If they won't pay you know then ask to take professional development classes so they have no reason to refuse you the next time for a raise!
Photo Credit: Getty Images