Over the weekend a listener brought up the Taco Chili Recipe i shared years ago and how her daughter absolutely loves it. Since it's Chili/ soup season, I wanted to share it with you again so you can enjoy. It's super easy to amke & tastes so good it actually won a chili competition my former roommate entered.
Serves 8 people or 1 person for a few days. Bon Appétit!
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained (aka Rotel)
- 1 (15 oz) can chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15.25 oz) can southwest-style corn with peppers, drained
- 1 (15.5 oz) can hominy, drained
- 1 (10 oz) can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 (1 oz) packet taco seasoning mix
- Cook the ground beef like you normally would for taco meat (brown & add taco seasoning). Remove from heat.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a slow cooker, stir in meat.
- Cover & cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve & Enjoy.
I like to top mine With Sour cream, Cheese (cheddar or fiesta blend), and Fritos! You can also serve over rice for an even more filling meal.