We've seen the funny TikToks of people taking work meetings while on vacation in front of a green screen, but are you guilty of actually doing it? According to a new study 4 in 10 remote Gen Z workers have admitted to taking a "hush trip."
A "hush trip" is when you should be working from home, but you book a trip & work from a vacation destination without telling your manager. Sometimes, they are working very little on these trips.
- 44% of GenZ workers surveyed have taken a ‘hush trip’
- 57% of hush trip takers gave the impression they were still working normal hours
- 65% used a virtual background to trick employers
- One-third worked 2 hours or less per day
- Majority weren’t found out and/or suffered no consequences