Adele is on the cover of British Vogue and talked about her weight loss, her upcoming album and even Taylor Swift!
- Talking about her new album, she says “it’s sensitive for me, this record, just in how much I love it.” As for what she was going through when making the album, she shares it was, “self-destruction... then self-reflection and then sort of self-redemption,” adding, “But I feel ready. I really want people to hear my side of the story this time.”
- Adele divorced husband Simon Konecki back in 2021, and while some may expect a divorce record, she insists it isn’t. “I assumed it would be about my divorce, but it’s kind of not," she said, although there is one song specifically about the divorce, and four that are “divorce-y” as well.
- But she did say that she thinks it might inspire people to BREAK UP. She said, quote, "Can you imagine couples listening to [the song about my divorce] in the car? It'd be so awkward. I think a lot of women are going to be like, 'I'm done.'"
- Her son's favorite artist is Taylor Swift. Adele notes, "He said, 'When we go on tour, should I have a seat next to me with Taylor Swift's name on it for Taylor to come?'”
- When it comes to her 100-pound weight loss, Adele says she understands why there was so much interest in it. “My body’s been objectified my entire career,” she says. “It’s not just now. I understand why it’s a shock.” She says she realizes why some women were “hurt by her weight loss,” noting, “Visually I represented a lot of women. But I’m still the same person.”
- She doesn’t understand though why people were so mean about her new look. “And the worst part of the whole thing was that the most brutal conversations were being had by other women about my body,” Adele said, “I was very f–king disappointed with that. That hurt my feelings.”
- Adele credits her “anxiety” with helping her to lose the weight. “Working out, I would just feel better,” she says. “It was never about losing weight, it was always about becoming strong and giving myself as much time every day without my phone.” She said she works out two to three times a day, noting, “I got quite addicted to it.”
- As for why she didn’t share her journey, she says, “I couldn’t give a flying f**k. I did it for myself and not anyone else. So why would I ever share it? I don’t find it fascinating. It’s my body.”
Ariana Grande has won a s 5-Year protection order against the knife-wielding intruder who had been stalking her and terrorized her home for months.
In his last visit to Grande’s home, he brandished a knife and threatened to kill her. In an order filed with a Los Angeles Superior Court on September 14th Grande stated that Brown yelled at her security saying, "I'll f---ing kill you and her.”