I must admit hat I've been sacking lately with the gourmet recipes for the fam. But my excuse of being 9 months preggers is perfect and very just. I mean I actually like cooking for my boys, I find it therapeutic really. But if I'm going to do it in these last few days of being a baby cooker I need it to be simple and use things I already have around the house.
Thank you Pinterest for this super easy Tilapia creation. It literally took 5 minutes to prep and 12- 15 minutes to bake. Minimal clean up too thanks to my friend Mr. Tin Foil. Even the 5 year old gave me the two thumbs up stamp of approval and that is the biggest win of all.
Side note: I didn't have the onion powder on hand so I decided to skip it and it turned out just fine. So don't fret if you don't have every single spice in your kitchen.
- 3tilapia fillets approximately 3/4 lbs total weight
- cooking oil spray
- 2 1/2tablespoonspaprika
- 1teaspoononion powder
- 1/2teaspoonground black pepper
- 1teaspoongarlic powder
- 1/4teaspoonCayenne pepper powderoptional
- 1tablespoondried parsley flakes
- Pat dry the tilapia fillets using a paper towel. Set aside.
- Combine paprika, Cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, ground black pepper, and parsley flakes in a bowl. Mix well.
- Spray cooking oil on each tilapia fillet and then rub with the paprika mixture. Turn the fillet over and rub the remaining mixture on the other side.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Lay an aluminum foil over a baking tray. Spray cooking oil on the foil and arrange the fillet on top. Spray some cooking oil on the tilapia fillet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the fish is done and flaky.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
~ Hugs and Smiles ~ Riley Couture