Yet again, I find myself crying about all the pain in the world. Mourning the loss of children who died way too soon. I find myself holding my phone looking for someone to call for emotional support.
But who can I cry to?
- My mother, who has to worry about sending my siblings off to school tomorrow with the fear that their school is next?
- My coworkers with young children who are dealing with this baby formula shortage and are struggling to feed their children?
- My peers, who are feeling the weight of inflation, where every decision is crucial to their financial well-being?
- My siblings, who just witness another mass shooting in the US and still have to go to school tomorrow despite the ever-growing fear that they could be next?
- My friends of color who may not have to worry about dying in a school shooting but worry about being gunned down in a grocery store?
- My representatives, who have proved time and time again, that in times of crisis, our cries fall on deaf ears?
Who can I cry to? We are all suffering. We are all broken. So I cry into my keyboard hoping someone out there feels like me. And if you need to cry? You can let it out here. <3